verkisto

Samuel R. Delany
Jackals
Charles L. Grant

The Titan's Curse

The Titan's Curse  - Rick Riordan So, we've made it to the third book, and the comparisons between Percy Jackson and Harry Potter are few and far between. In fact, now that they've been established in the first two books, they really aren't that prevalent any more. I couldn't find much to say about the series' similarities, but I found it interesting that the series starts with the characters needing to get to the camp in a hurry, and taking a flying car to get there. Still, the circumstances are a little different, and I know that I'm actively looking for these comparisons now, so I'm probably a little more sensitive to them. Anyway....

There's not really much to say that I haven't covered in the other two books in the series, and I don't really see much point in discussing the plot that much, anyway. Anyone reading the series won't want to know what's going to happen, and anyone who didn't make it past the first book won't care, anyway. It's still fun, readable, and exciting, which are all the important things for a book with its kind of audience, so what more do you need to know?